Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is this possible? Phishing, Bug, Hacker?

Below is an email I received, but the weird thing is that both the sender and receiver are the same and NEITHER are my email? How can the "to" not be my email but i received it?

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 9:05 AM

The TO name is a list with the name of the purported sender. The list is probably hundreds if not thousands of automatically generated e-mail addresses.

The sender's name and mail server name are probably forged. They might belong to a real user, and the unfortunate's mailbox is now overflowing with bounced messages that he did not send.

It is just spam. Delete it.

Have a nice day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 9:05 AM in response to 1234x

The TO name is a list with the name of the purported sender. The list is probably hundreds if not thousands of automatically generated e-mail addresses.

The sender's name and mail server name are probably forged. They might belong to a real user, and the unfortunate's mailbox is now overflowing with bounced messages that he did not send.

It is just spam. Delete it.

Have a nice day.

How is this possible? Phishing, Bug, Hacker?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.