Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add to home screen

I have a brand new iPhone SE. I have used it for one week. From day 1, the “add to home screen” option has not existed on my phone in Safari.

Yes, I am in Safari, no other web browser.

This option also disappeared on my old phone a few iOS updates ago. I assumed it was because I had an old phone, but now I have a new one and I still don’t have the option to add a website icon to the home screen of my phone.

Also, I have hardly any apps on my phone spread out over 3 pages. This phone is NOT full.

I really need this function because of the convenience of having work websites easily accessible.

How can I get this option back?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 10:58 AM

It's still there. It's just kind of hidden. Tap on the share button (the one you have circled). You'll see a bunch of icons and a "Copy" option. What you're looking for is a few lines below Copy.

7 replies

Jun 2, 2020 10:54 AM in response to Iamfunnyninja

I have Safari on the home screen. There used to be an option to put a specific website as an icon on your home screen. A few iOS updates ago, that option disappeared. I assumed it was due to the age of my phone. But now I have a brand new, as updated as you can get iPhone SE and that option is STILL not available.

In this screenshot you can see the button that is used to open up options; at one time, there was an option in there to “Add to Home Screen”. I want that option back

Add to home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.