Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15, 2018 battery drained and not charging

Hello,

My Macbook pro 15, 2018 battery is not charging. It actually happened after an update. I tried resetting the SMC, but nothing happened, tried all the ports. In addition there is no sound that the battery is charging.

Nevertheless, the charger itself works, I tried it with other devices (headphones, phone) and it charges fine. USB-C cable works fine as well. Furthermore, everything was working totally fine several hours before.

Another issue is that I cannot turn on the Macbook, because the battery is drained and it turned of. It showed and indicator to plug in the power at first, but now it does not even show this.

Is there anything else I can do or should I go to the maintenance store?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:21 AM

Please read follow all the instructions in If your Mac battery status is "Not Charging" including all the links at the bottom, followed by If your Mac battery won’t charge.

After you exhaust all those potential corrective actions, read Find how to service or repair your Mac.

1 reply

Macbook Pro 15, 2018 battery drained and not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.