Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut for the easy control of Dual SIMs

Hi there.

iPhone SE 2020 with iOS 13.5

Is there any way to create a shortcut which can quickly enable / disable a specific cellular plan?

I have a Nano SIM for my personal number and an E-SIM for my work calls, and would like to be able to have a home screen shortcut to disable / re-enable my work SIM quickly at nights / over the weekend.

Is this possible??

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:25 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2020 6:29 PM in response to DaveHuggan

Hey there DaveHuggan,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’d like to know if you can use a shortcut to enable or disable one of your cellular plans. I’ll be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction for this.

I’ve never tried using a shortcut for this. You may want to browse the Gallery and see if there a shortcut like this that already exists. To find the Gallery, open the Shortcuts app and tap Gallery in the bottom right. You can read more about this here:

Use the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad

You may also be able to find some helpful info on how to do this or if this is possible in the Shortcuts User Guide found here:

Shortcuts User Guide

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Jun 8, 2020 6:12 AM in response to DaveHuggan

DaveHuggan wrote: "...Is this possible??"

Dave ~ I'm fairly sure that the answer is No. Currently, the closest Shortcuts can get to what you want (which isn't close!) is to open Settings' Cellular pane via its URL:

prefs:root=MOBILE_DATA_SETTINGS_ID

The above came from this article:

A Comprehensive Guide to All 120+ Settings URLs Supported by iOS and iPadOS 13.1

And shortcut actions related to your qstn: The "Get Network Details" action can give you the currently connected networks Carrier Names & Radio Technology and the "Set Airplane Mode" turns Cellular service on/off. (You probably are already aware of those, but other Community members may not be.)

õ¿õ¬

Shortcut for the easy control of Dual SIMs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.