Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automated call claiming iCloud impact; press 1 for tech support, etc. guy wants me to go to fast support.com which switches to Google and then wants me to let him access my computer. Am I correct to assume this is a scam?

Has anyone received an automated call claiming that iCloud has been compromised and asking you to press 1 for tech assistance? After pressing 1, the person answering was able to provide ID info including name and direct number, then wanted me to go to fast support.com, which then switched to google.com (I use only Safari), and at point the next step was to allow the support person to enter a code and access my computer to help identify any phony users on my iCloud account. I begged off, assuming this was a scam. Would like to know if this has happened recently to anyone else, and if I am correct in not pursuing the matter? (Since i have iCloud on my phone and defunct iPad, I assume whatever happened would affect all)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:57 PM

It is a scam. Apple does not make unsolicited phone calls. If there is a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum.

Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

Automated call claiming iCloud impact; press 1 for tech support, etc. guy wants me to go to fast support.com which switches to Google and then wants me to let him access my computer. Am I correct to assume this is a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.