Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download imovie because i do not have the latest update?

I just purchased my new macbook pro, mainly to use imovie. it says that the system update needs to be updated to at least 10.14.6, i have 10.13.6 and it says it is up date. I went to the apple website and it says i can download 10.15.6. Is there something going on here?

I have the 2017 Macbook pro 2 port edition.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:21 PM

Your 2017 Mac can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6, and then you can download current iMovie 10. You can also upgrade to current Catalina 10.15.6. With Catalina any older 32 bit applications that you may have on your Mac will no longer be supported, so if you have any of those that you want to use I would not upgrade to Catalina. With either Mojave or Catalina you should be able to download iMovie 10.

I take it that your 2017 Mac is a previously owned computer that did not have iMovie 10 on it. Correct? Check your applications folder to see. If iMovie 10 was on your computer, but was deleted, you could download the highest version that High Sierra will run, provided that you do so with the same Apple I.D. that was used to originally purchase the Mac or iMovie.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:21 PM in response to Tgleal

Your 2017 Mac can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6, and then you can download current iMovie 10. You can also upgrade to current Catalina 10.15.6. With Catalina any older 32 bit applications that you may have on your Mac will no longer be supported, so if you have any of those that you want to use I would not upgrade to Catalina. With either Mojave or Catalina you should be able to download iMovie 10.

I take it that your 2017 Mac is a previously owned computer that did not have iMovie 10 on it. Correct? Check your applications folder to see. If iMovie 10 was on your computer, but was deleted, you could download the highest version that High Sierra will run, provided that you do so with the same Apple I.D. that was used to originally purchase the Mac or iMovie.

-- Rich

Cannot download imovie because i do not have the latest update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.