Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many notices

How do I turn off notifications they are annoying. Too much.

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 1:14 AM

Is there a particular program you're having trouble with? If you go into System Preferences > Notifications, you can control which ones send you notices. I agree that if they are all turned on with full permissions, it can get a bit overwhelming. Especially since many programs aren't critical, like Notes etc.

The list box on the left shows you which apps are delivering what messages. If you look to the right, there's slider button that says: Allow Notifications from… -If you just want to silence an app entirely, there is the place to do it. Otherwise you can move below and choose whether you want Banners or Alerts, or neither of those. Play around with it, or just turn it all off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 1:14 AM in response to friends_of_P

Is there a particular program you're having trouble with? If you go into System Preferences > Notifications, you can control which ones send you notices. I agree that if they are all turned on with full permissions, it can get a bit overwhelming. Especially since many programs aren't critical, like Notes etc.

The list box on the left shows you which apps are delivering what messages. If you look to the right, there's slider button that says: Allow Notifications from… -If you just want to silence an app entirely, there is the place to do it. Otherwise you can move below and choose whether you want Banners or Alerts, or neither of those. Play around with it, or just turn it all off.

Too many notices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.