Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.14.6 combo updater: 'This volume does not meet the requirements…'

I have 10.14.6 installed on my upgraded Mac Pro (APFS startup SSD on PCIe card) and am trying to reinstall to troubleshoot a couple of issues I'm having. I downloaded the combo updater – which is what I always used to do to troubleshoot – but it's telling me 'macOS 10.14.6 Update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update.'

The Mojave installer is not available in the App Store so this is the only way I see to reinstall 10.14.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 5:02 AM

Here's the installer, How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Go to About This Mac and click on the version number. You should see a build number.

Did you install the recent security updates? If so, that may make it such that the combo updater will not install over it. The security updates would have changed the OS such that the combo updater cannot install.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 5:02 AM in response to Is-there-a-vet-in-the-house

Here's the installer, How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Go to About This Mac and click on the version number. You should see a build number.

Did you install the recent security updates? If so, that may make it such that the combo updater will not install over it. The security updates would have changed the OS such that the combo updater cannot install.

10.14.6 combo updater: 'This volume does not meet the requirements…'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.