Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 Drops Hotspot connection

Connecting my laptop to my iPhone's hot spot. It works fine as long as the Personal Hot spot page is open on the phone. If I let the phone auto-lock then the hot spot will stay connected for a short while and then drop. You cant find the phone or anything unless you reopen the phone and then reconnect the laptop to the phone.

It is as if the phone drops the connection from its memory or something to that effect. Is there a way to have the phone keep the hot spot loaded in memory or do I just need to set the screen auto lock to never while I am using the hot spot?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 5:21 AM

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Many people have this issue and I have not yet seen a response here as to how it was resolved if it ever was.

I do not have this issue and never have, not with my iPhone and not with my BlackBerry suggesting to me it is not the phone especially since my BlackBerry does not have to have any page open and I can control it from the home screen just by turning it on or off. My iPhone is the same, I do not have to have that page open.

What I do have is my Screen Saver set to never and the Energy Saver set to never for the display on my Mac, so try this and see if it works for you...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 5:21 AM in response to Circlecast

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Many people have this issue and I have not yet seen a response here as to how it was resolved if it ever was.

I do not have this issue and never have, not with my iPhone and not with my BlackBerry suggesting to me it is not the phone especially since my BlackBerry does not have to have any page open and I can control it from the home screen just by turning it on or off. My iPhone is the same, I do not have to have that page open.

What I do have is my Screen Saver set to never and the Energy Saver set to never for the display on my Mac, so try this and see if it works for you...

Iphone 8 Drops Hotspot connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.