Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My current Apple ID automatically is changed to an old one whenever I try to log into the App Store

Although I'm logged in with my current Apple ID, whenever I go to update at the Apple store, my Apple ID is changed to an old one I had and don't remember the password.

I have checked everywhere, but I cannot find where or why the old one is defaulting my current one out.

What's happening?

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 12:34 PM

If you have apps bought using the old AppleID, you must sign in with that AppleID to update them. Purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used when buying them. And you can only change the AppleID you use in the App Store once every 90 days.

If that’s the case, you’ll need to delete those apps purchased with the old AppleID and buy them again with the new AppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 12:34 PM in response to Bruce Price

If you have apps bought using the old AppleID, you must sign in with that AppleID to update them. Purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used when buying them. And you can only change the AppleID you use in the App Store once every 90 days.

If that’s the case, you’ll need to delete those apps purchased with the old AppleID and buy them again with the new AppleID.

My current Apple ID automatically is changed to an old one whenever I try to log into the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.