Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I rotate data in a cell 90 degrees in Numbers 10 ?

I have a spreadsheet that I opened up from Excel and in Numbers the dates in a row were vertical, but now they are horizontal, I can not find how to rotate them. When I go the the Format Arrange dialog box the Rotate functions are not clickable.

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 1:26 PM

5 replies

Jun 4, 2020 4:46 PM in response to TimfromOhio

Hi Tim,

Not a supported function in Pages. The usually suggested workaround is to enter the text you want rotated in a text box, then rotate that box and place it in front of the cell it is replacing. If the labels in those cells are used in any formulas in the document, set their text colour to white to merge with the background.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 6, 2020 1:42 PM in response to Barry

Thanks Barry for your response, I wanted to switch from MsOffice to Apple APPs to save money. Kind of surprised that this rotation of data in a cell is not supported, it has been in MsOffice and other APPs I use for years....... your suggestion will work but it is a lot of work ...... a bit disappointed with Numbers, as I thought it could replace Excel ........ need to see if their is any other functionality that I am use to the is not in Numbers ...... I am Mac thru & thru but the office APPS need to not be too different.......or I will be doing a lot of changing within current spreadsheets ........

Jun 7, 2020 8:51 PM in response to TimfromOhio

If the workaround Ian has posted doesn't work for you then you might try leaving a suggestion directly with Apple at Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback.

I too would love to be able to rotate text in Numbers cells (I use that feature in Excel), though I suspect the technical implementation would be difficult in Numbers.

In general, if you need highly formatted, printed documents then you are better off working in Excel.

SG

how do I rotate data in a cell 90 degrees in Numbers 10 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.