Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to Update the OS from macOS Catalina 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 on my Macbook Pro 2019. Every time I click on Update Now Button for updating the OS, a prompt appears saying "To Update You must restart your Mac"

I am trying to Update the OS from macOS Catalina 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 on my Macbook Air 2014.

Every time I click on Update Now Button for updating the OS, a prompt appears saying

"To Update You must restart your Mac"

However upon restart, installation doesn't happen.

I have been trying to install but am ending up with restart multiple times. There is no progress with the OS upgrade.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 3:07 PM

Do you have at least 20GB - 25GB Free space available on your MacBook Air? If you do not then free up some space to address the update issue. If you have the free space and your MacBook Air is not updating then try installing the macOS Combo Update directly from here ➔ Download macOS Catalina Combo Update

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 3:07 PM in response to bobcoughli

Do you have at least 20GB - 25GB Free space available on your MacBook Air? If you do not then free up some space to address the update issue. If you have the free space and your MacBook Air is not updating then try installing the macOS Combo Update directly from here ➔ Download macOS Catalina Combo Update

Axel F.

I am trying to Update the OS from macOS Catalina 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 on my Macbook Pro 2019. Every time I click on Update Now Button for updating the OS, a prompt appears saying "To Update You must restart your Mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.