Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - no HomeKit Hub

Have Apple TV 4K. Did a reset and upgrade on it. Have HomeKit set up on my iPhone (Eufy Homebase 2 with two Eufy Camara 2s). Yesterday hubs were displayed, today nothing is listed. Have tried another reset and several restarts with no luck. How can I fix this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:01 PM

Called Apple Support. The problem was that the AirPlay 2 support was not activated. To get that activated, had to navigate to AirPlay and HomeKit then click on Room. That brought up a screen on tvOS prompting to activate BlueTooth on my iPhone. It took some work [1] to get that screen to go away, i.e. for the iOS to tvOS BT connection to occur but eventually the BT prompt screen did go away and then my HomeKit hub was shown on the AirPlay and HomeKit screen. It took another half hour or so for the iOS HomeKit app to connect, i.e. for HOME HUBS to appear on the Home app's screen which appears when you tap the house icon and for something other than a help screen to show up when pressing the Automation button.

[1] I don't remember exactly what magic finally worked. I think it was closing out and restarting the Settings and Home apps.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 6:01 PM in response to ptbtx

Called Apple Support. The problem was that the AirPlay 2 support was not activated. To get that activated, had to navigate to AirPlay and HomeKit then click on Room. That brought up a screen on tvOS prompting to activate BlueTooth on my iPhone. It took some work [1] to get that screen to go away, i.e. for the iOS to tvOS BT connection to occur but eventually the BT prompt screen did go away and then my HomeKit hub was shown on the AirPlay and HomeKit screen. It took another half hour or so for the iOS HomeKit app to connect, i.e. for HOME HUBS to appear on the Home app's screen which appears when you tap the house icon and for something other than a help screen to show up when pressing the Automation button.

[1] I don't remember exactly what magic finally worked. I think it was closing out and restarting the Settings and Home apps.

Jun 4, 2020 11:18 PM in response to QuickPost

I tried signing out/in of iCloud on my iPhone with no luck. One of the things I did between when it worked and now is that I upgraded my software. It's now at 13.4.6 (17L570). Maybe the prior version worked better? I've since done a couple of resets since then. I don't plan on using Apple TV for anything other than the hub function so I've turned off a lot of features. Is there one of those features that needs to be turned on?

Jun 5, 2020 6:45 AM in response to QuickPost

Another factor which may or may not come to play. I previously used an iPad as a hub. It was on my wife's iCloud account and I was a guest. However I've turned off that hub in that iPad's settings. And this morning when that iPad was not on the network I tried a restart of the Apple TV and still no joy. And prior to the latest software update hubs were shown in the list so I don't think the prior use of the iPad has anything to do with the issue but I thought I'd mention it.

BTW, How do I contact Apple to get help with this?

Jun 5, 2020 7:39 AM in response to ptbtx

Another thing that is interesting is that this Apple TV was associated with another user before I cam into possession of it. The reset should have removed that association but maybe it didn't? Maybe a reset and re-setup with a new iCloud account did not propagate into Apple's control software and the device is still associated with the prior owner. Just a guess.

Apple TV - no HomeKit Hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.