Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I stop saving Notes to my iCloud will it delete all of my saved notes?

Hi, just wondering if I stop saving Notes to iCloud if anything happens to the saved notes? Or do they stay there, just not saved to iCloud? I don’t really need to backup my notes, I just would like to keep them.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 3:10 PM

Notes can save directly to your iPad storage, which is what I want them to do. I don’t need my notes backed up. And yes, they can stay there not saved to iCloud. But, since from the beginning (this is gonna be hard to explain) I had them saved to iCloud, if I try to disable the Notes app from using iCloud now, my iCloud will remove them from my iPad. Also, I already know what iCloud backs up, that wasn’t my question. Thanks for trying to help, but I had to solve the issue on my own. 😊

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 3:10 PM in response to zinacef

Notes can save directly to your iPad storage, which is what I want them to do. I don’t need my notes backed up. And yes, they can stay there not saved to iCloud. But, since from the beginning (this is gonna be hard to explain) I had them saved to iCloud, if I try to disable the Notes app from using iCloud now, my iCloud will remove them from my iPad. Also, I already know what iCloud backs up, that wasn’t my question. Thanks for trying to help, but I had to solve the issue on my own. 😊

Jun 8, 2020 6:52 AM in response to iPadDust

Depends on what you plan on doing to stop from saving them on iCloud.

What exactly are you planning on doing?

You can choose to save your notes to the "On My iPad" location or to an email account location that's been added to the device and appears under "Folders" in the Notes App.

Anything currently saved in iCloud would remain there unless you manually move them to one of the other locations in "Folders".

If you decide to turn off Notes in iCloud in Settings->Account(top of settings)->iCloud->Notes, then you will be asked if you are sure. If you answer yes, all notes saved in iCloud will be deleted from your device, but will remain untouched in iCloud.

If you are planning on doing something else, you need to explain what that is.

Jun 8, 2020 3:04 PM in response to Phil0124

Hi, thank you for answering!

Well, my iCloud storage is running low, and so I wanted to minimize the things I have saved to my iCloud. I don’t really need my notes to be backed up with iCloud but I still need my notes. I was wanting to keep them on my iPad’s storage, but stop saving them to iCloud. However, when I go under >Settings>Account>iCloud and look at the list of “APPS USING ICLOUD”, disable Notes, it says “Are you sure you want to continue? All iCloud notes will be removed from your iPad.”

I was just double checking to see if this meant my notes would be deleted from my iPad. All of my notes are saved to iCloud. I don’t want them to be, but I want them on my iPad. If it’s not possible, or you still don’t understand, then that’s completely fine. If you can’t help, that’s fine too.

If I stop saving Notes to my iCloud will it delete all of my saved notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.