Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think my phone is water damaged

i think my phone is water damaged and I have want to know if you would replace it with a new one as I have a warranty

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 2:52 PM

With Apple Care Plus, there are two accidental damage deductibles. Water damage is not covered under warranty, but is covered as one of the accidental damage events, and is a lower deductible than what a regular out of warranty replacement would cost. See this, iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

6 replies

Jun 5, 2020 10:29 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Just asking why my post has been removed because of "questionable advice". This information is true with all circuit boards and water out there. Obviously electricity and circuit boards don't mix and whenever water comes into contact with power, it will corrode. This is just like electrolysis. Corrosion has a high resistance and doesn't allow electrons to flow. Circuits need a low resistance to work properly, so thats why these devices stop working.

I think my phone is water damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.