Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone se 2020 volume is unsatisfactory unless i turn speaker phone on

iphone se 2020 volume is unsatisfactory unless i turn speaker phone on- does anyone else have this problem? Were you able to resolve it, and how?

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:29 AM

Hello sarafromholyoke,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with the sound from the receiver on your iPhone, and I'd like to help.

New iPhones usually come packaged with a screen film which blocks the receiver port and needs to be removed. If you've already removed that protective film, check out the other steps in this article: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

You'll also want to test with other callers, in case the issue is just with one person.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 10:29 AM in response to sarafromholyoke

Hello sarafromholyoke,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with the sound from the receiver on your iPhone, and I'd like to help.

New iPhones usually come packaged with a screen film which blocks the receiver port and needs to be removed. If you've already removed that protective film, check out the other steps in this article: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

You'll also want to test with other callers, in case the issue is just with one person.

Take care!

iphone se 2020 volume is unsatisfactory unless i turn speaker phone on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.