Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iMessages between iPhone and iPad

How do I get iMessages to my iPhone to also land on my iPad mini?

I have an iPhone 7 running Software Version 13.5.1 and an iPad mimi 4 running Software Version 13.5.1.

My wife, with the same model phone and software version, has the option under iMessage settings to designate another device to which messages are forwarded, i.e., her iPad mini.

On my phone, that option is not offered.

Help, please.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 3:41 PM

That is very helpful to me. Make 100% sure that your iCloud account login Apple ID and the Apple ID that you use to activate your iMessages are the same on both of your devices. Sign out of your Apple ID on both devices and sign back in with the same Apple ID to ensure if you are doubtful. Same thing with iMessages.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 3:41 PM in response to Paul Brissett1

That is very helpful to me. Make 100% sure that your iCloud account login Apple ID and the Apple ID that you use to activate your iMessages are the same on both of your devices. Sign out of your Apple ID on both devices and sign back in with the same Apple ID to ensure if you are doubtful. Same thing with iMessages.

Axel F.

Jun 5, 2020 2:35 PM in response to Paul Brissett1

One of the conditions to activate Text Message Forwarding from an iPhone to another device is to have BOTH devices under the same Apple ID and iMessages activated on both devices.

Your wife's iPhone and her iPad mini are signed to the same Apple ID and iMessages has been activated on it. She also has Text Message forwarding setup correctly.

On your iPad mini, ensure that iMessage has been activated. If it has been then turn iMessages to OFF and then after 10 seconds turn it ON again. You may have to sign back into your Apple ID.

On our iPhone- Turn OFF our iPhone and then Start it again. The option for Text Message Forwarding should appear.

Axel F.

Jun 5, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Paul Brissett1

Thank you, Axel. Did both and have the same problem. I should have stated in the original post that the message apps on both devices ARE connected to iCloud.

I've discovered something in the last few minutes that may be related: Under the Messages setting on the iPhone there is a place where I can elect "Share name and photo," but when I select it, I get the message "Sharing Name and Photo not available. Sharing Name and Photo is not available because iCloud and iMessage accounts are different or not signed in."

Not particularly helpful. All my other iCloud functions seem to be working properly, so I have no idea what to do.

Can you help?

Sync iMessages between iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.