Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The numbers start at 14 on the left. how do i get back to

Numbers program. In the column to the left is numbers. Mine starts at 14. I want 1

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 10:15 PM

You have set (or have not unset) Freeze Header Rows and Freeze Header columns (found in the Table menu).

This means that as you push the table upward, the top body rows 'slide under' the header rows and out of sight.

If a two-fingered swip downward on the sheet does not bring the top 13 rows into view, it indicates that you have, at some time, dragged the table upward, and dropped it with those rows let hanging outside the page area and out of sight.

Click on a cell to activate the table and show the column and row reference tabs. Grab the circle at the intersection of the column and row ref tabs, and drag it down (and right) until you can see all rows (and columns) at the top left of the table, then release the mouse button to dropp the table in that position.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 10:15 PM in response to JAPJIM

You have set (or have not unset) Freeze Header Rows and Freeze Header columns (found in the Table menu).

This means that as you push the table upward, the top body rows 'slide under' the header rows and out of sight.

If a two-fingered swip downward on the sheet does not bring the top 13 rows into view, it indicates that you have, at some time, dragged the table upward, and dropped it with those rows let hanging outside the page area and out of sight.

Click on a cell to activate the table and show the column and row reference tabs. Grab the circle at the intersection of the column and row ref tabs, and drag it down (and right) until you can see all rows (and columns) at the top left of the table, then release the mouse button to dropp the table in that position.

Regards,

Barry

The numbers start at 14 on the left. how do i get back to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.