Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off 2-factor authentication

I cannot turn off 2-factor authentication on my phone

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 4:21 AM

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 and more specifically the section entitled Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on? This section says: 

"If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security."

This quote emphasizes the security-related importance of two-factor authentication. I would not turn it off even if you are able to. Another reason for not turning it off is that if you use two-factor authentication, then you no longer will have a need for security questions. They are turned off when two-factor authentication is activated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 4:21 AM in response to BinTyler

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 and more specifically the section entitled Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on? This section says: 

"If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security."

This quote emphasizes the security-related importance of two-factor authentication. I would not turn it off even if you are able to. Another reason for not turning it off is that if you use two-factor authentication, then you no longer will have a need for security questions. They are turned off when two-factor authentication is activated.

turn off 2-factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.