Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

Hello there. May I ask what will happen after I disabled and deleted my Photos data on the iCloud storage because it occupies 4.4GB of my 5GB allotment. I received an email warning me that I only have 30 days to undo that action and it’s saying that my photos are not stored on my device. If I reached 30 days without undoing my action, will my photos be deleted on my device too? I am confused on this issue. Thanks for your advice/help.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 3:36 PM

If you disable your iCloud Photos functions and delete the photos, it will be deleted from iCloud and from all devices. After 30 days, those photos will be deleted forever. If you wish to store your photos in iCloud and on the device, you will either have to upgrade your iCloud storage (Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support) or cull your storage (Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 3:36 PM in response to alquin48

If you disable your iCloud Photos functions and delete the photos, it will be deleted from iCloud and from all devices. After 30 days, those photos will be deleted forever. If you wish to store your photos in iCloud and on the device, you will either have to upgrade your iCloud storage (Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support) or cull your storage (Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support).

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.