Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2020 - Trackpad Drag Option?

Hello all, I recently purchased a new Macbook Air 2020. So far, I am super happy with it, but there is one thing I miss about my old Macbook Pro - the double tap to drag option. This feature allows you to hold and move items/highlight while not having to stay connected to the trackpad until you tap a third time.

I've looked through the trackpad settings on my new Macbook Air and cannot find a drag option anywhere.

Anyone have this issue and know if/how to change it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:07 AM

And Charloux.............. You are not going to miss that feature from your old MacBook Pro anymore!

Open System Preferences ➔ Accessibility ➔ Pointer Control (Left Column) ➔ Trackpad Options ➔ CHECK mark on Enable Dragging. (Shown in the image below).

DONE DEAL. You are good to go.

Axel F.

5 replies

Jun 6, 2020 11:50 AM in response to charloux22

My MacBook Air did not come with it ENABLED as well. I remember enabling it because I too was missing that feature from my old MacBook Pro. 6 months into the new MacBook Air and I forgot how I set it and didn't even think about it till today after I saw your post. I have had an affinity for this feature from using a Windows PC for work related projects.

Axel F.

Macbook Air 2020 - Trackpad Drag Option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.