Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

access shared folders

If I share a folder can the other person only see that folder when logged onto iCloud through a browser? I've been trying to share with someone and it looks like my shared folder won't/doesn't show up in their iCloud Drive. That's a bit inconvenient if someone is trying to access the shared folder to work on documents within it.

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:19 PM

If I share a folder can the other person only see that folder when logged onto iCloud through a browser?

You are sharing one of your iCloud resources.

they must have an Apple ID and when signed in, they are viewing your resource. They won't have it download to their device.

They are viewing an interacting with your iCloud Resource.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 8:19 PM in response to major_m

If I share a folder can the other person only see that folder when logged onto iCloud through a browser?

You are sharing one of your iCloud resources.

they must have an Apple ID and when signed in, they are viewing your resource. They won't have it download to their device.

They are viewing an interacting with your iCloud Resource.

Jun 7, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the reply. I work with an assistant and it's useful to share client folders. I've done this through some other services and was truly hoping Apple finally came around so I could stick with their ecosystem. It's especially frustrating when you're financing apple products throughout your small business in hopes of it all meshing seamlessly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

access shared folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.