Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I plug my Apple headphones with lightening connector into an aux socket on my old MacBook Air?

How can I plug my Apple headphones with lightening connector into an aux socket on my old MacBook Air?

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:23 PM

I was having difficulty finding an adapter for this. What you may need is a Lightning (Female) to 3.5mm (Male) adapter. I found a few on the internet however no guarantees how they would perform.

Your best bet in this situation is to use your old pair of headphones, with the 3.5mm jack, if you have them OR just buy a cheap pair of headphones just to use with the MacBook Air. You can always consider getting bluetooth headphones as well.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 9:23 PM in response to Zoe-smith25

I was having difficulty finding an adapter for this. What you may need is a Lightning (Female) to 3.5mm (Male) adapter. I found a few on the internet however no guarantees how they would perform.

Your best bet in this situation is to use your old pair of headphones, with the 3.5mm jack, if you have them OR just buy a cheap pair of headphones just to use with the MacBook Air. You can always consider getting bluetooth headphones as well.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.