Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 gets overheated and drains its battery rapidly

My iphone 7 gets overheated and drains its battery so rapidly. I reset my iphone 7 but all in vain. What should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 12:54 PM

4 replies

Jun 11, 2020 8:50 AM in response to Theusmanghani

Below are additional factors to consider when your battery has started draining more quickly. I recommend you read through and follow suggestions in the Apple support articles linked to at the bottom of this response.

iPhone Battery Capacity

Go to Battery section in the Settings app:

• What does it report as your maximum capacity?
  • What does it report under Peak Performance Capability?
  • Are either different than before your problems started?

iOS Update:

• Did you recently update the iOS before the battery drainage problem started?

Updates to an iOS, especially to a major version (iOS 12.X –> iOS 13.X), can cause battery problems even in newer iPhones. If your phone’s been used for a few years and already has decreased battery capacity, you are more likely to experience (at least temporary) more rapid battery drainage.

Here are relevant Apple Support articles on understanding iPhone Battery and Performance and Maximizing Battery Performance

If the problem continues after trying the steps in the articles, I recommend directly contacting Apple Support

I hope these resources will help you find a way to reduce your iPhone’s rapid battery drainage.

Jun 6, 2020 1:44 PM in response to Theusmanghani

Another consideration:

How long you have/used your iPhone 7? The longer (months, years), more often you use an iPhone, the more quickly the battery capacity (amount of charge it can hold) decreases. In other words, an older battery cannot hold as much of a charge as a new battery.

The more frequently you need to recharge the battery (as its capacity declines), also contributes to the decrease in capacity. It is kind of a vicious cycle, but it’s how that type of battery works.

You should be able to find your current battery capacity in the Settings app from iOS 11.0 onward.

My iPhone 7 gets overheated and drains its battery rapidly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.