Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock issues

Bought unlocked iPhone 7 plus from Best Buy and used with MetroPCS carrier for 3 years. Now tried to switch carriers and got notification that SIM not supported per lock. Contacted MetroPCS and T-Mobile to unlock phone with no success. I'm trying to switch carriers to save money monthly and it looks like it may wind up costing me more. New carrier already portal-ed my number over from Metro. Haven't been able to use my phone for 2 weeks now. I have iPhone 7 plus and I've confirmed that my iPhone supports the SIM of this carrier. Any ideas what might be happening or how to fix? Apple tells me nothing they can do. I need my phone asap. My customers use this number to contact me to do work.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 5:39 PM

Best Buy does not sell unlocked phones, and never has. The phones they offer will work with any US carrier, but will lock to the first carrier they are used with. You will have to contact MetroPCS about unlocking it. It’s call a retail flex policy.

1 reply

Unlock issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.