Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get to Activity Monitor on a MacBook?

I don't know how to get to the Activity Monitor

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:18 PM

Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor.app

or, with Launchpad, it may be hiding in the "Other" group of apps.

You can drag it out of this "Other" group so that it appears with the rest of the mainstream apps.

If you use it frequently and want to keep it in the Dock: while Activity Monitor is running right-click or two-finger-click on its icon in the Dock to get Options > Keep in Dock and it will always show up there.

Sadly, (in Catalina, at least) it no longer gives the option of showing the colour-coded "pie chart" of memory usage in the Dock icon while it's running.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 10:18 PM in response to cessoma

Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor.app

or, with Launchpad, it may be hiding in the "Other" group of apps.

You can drag it out of this "Other" group so that it appears with the rest of the mainstream apps.

If you use it frequently and want to keep it in the Dock: while Activity Monitor is running right-click or two-finger-click on its icon in the Dock to get Options > Keep in Dock and it will always show up there.

Sadly, (in Catalina, at least) it no longer gives the option of showing the colour-coded "pie chart" of memory usage in the Dock icon while it's running.

how do I get to Activity Monitor on a MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.