Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i sync my ipad pro 11?

Hi all, i just bought the new Ipad Pro 11 '20 and i'm kinda not sure how i can connect/sync it with my iMac. Mine is the iMac 27" late 2012 running on the OS Catalina 10.15.5, it has 4xUSB 3 and 2xThunderbolt ports. Now i've been searching for results in discussion and fail to get any leads so far.

What do i need to sync the iPad to the Mac? What special cable do i need? Any leads, links etc is really appreciated, thanks all!

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:42 PM

You don’t need any special cables. The cable that came with your iPad will work just fine for what you need. Your computer has 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports as you stated. These ports are what you can use with the cable that came with your iPad to get it sync to your computer. Once you have it connected to the computer with the port open iTunes and when it gets all loaded up, you should see an image on iTunes up by where it lets you select music, movies, or whatever else you want, that looks like the iPad. When you click on that, you’ll be able to control what happens when you connect your iPad to your computer and what data will sync. It also lets you control what files you are going to get on the iPad for the different apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 10:42 PM in response to effendyahmad

You don’t need any special cables. The cable that came with your iPad will work just fine for what you need. Your computer has 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports as you stated. These ports are what you can use with the cable that came with your iPad to get it sync to your computer. Once you have it connected to the computer with the port open iTunes and when it gets all loaded up, you should see an image on iTunes up by where it lets you select music, movies, or whatever else you want, that looks like the iPad. When you click on that, you’ll be able to control what happens when you connect your iPad to your computer and what data will sync. It also lets you control what files you are going to get on the iPad for the different apps.

How do i sync my ipad pro 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.