Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t install YouTube on my iPad 2, iOS 9.3.5

Hello everyone, I have iPad 2, iOS 9.3.5 I can’t install YouTube, after the update, it says that such iPad does not support the YouTube version, I need help, I do not have a tablet every year. This tablet 2, I am completely satisfied, are there any options for the desire, this problem ?????

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 12:12 AM

As per this page, Youtube needs iOS 11 or later, but your iPad, due to hardware incompatibility, can't support iOS versions beyond 9.3.5 (Wifi only) or 9.3.6 (Wifi+Cellular):--> ‎YouTube: Watch, Listen, Stream on the App Store

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Jun 7, 2020 12:19 AM in response to Andrei_Mogilev

FYI,

These old iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen iPad Mini models are nearing 8 and 9-years old, now.

The amount of older, compatible, available apps for these old iPad models has dwindled significantly since the beginning of 2020!

Getting older versions of apps for these old iPad models, initially from Apple’s iOS App Store is getting very difficult and very problematic and this issue is getting, painfully, much worse, now, in 2020!

As of the beginning of 2019, many, MANY third party app developers are all more quickly and completely permanently dropping older app support for all old 7, 8 and 9-year iPads that are running 2-3 year old and earlier iOS versions ( iOS 10 and earlier ).

Third party app developers are removing all of their older, legacy versions of their apps from Apple's App Store servers, now.

Third party app developers no longer want to support these 8 and 9-year old or older iOS devices, any longer!

Older versions of apps are, soon, going to be gone for good, now!

These old iPads are now reaching their complete end of life and support.

So finding older versions apps for older iPads, while still possible, currently, will be a very tough challenge, now, in 2020.

Old iPads that can no longer be upgraded/updated will have NO MORE APPS AVAILABLE for initial download, at all, soon, from the Apple iOS App Store, for such old iOS devices in the very near future.

Older versions of apps for these older iPads will be completely gone, at some point, in the very foreseeable future.

Old 8 and 9-year old iPads will be pretty much obsolete by the end of the 2020 year!

Again, it is what it is, today, in the year 2020!

You will never get any more older versions of popular apps for these old iPads, any longer.

The apps that these old iPads already have on them, and still work, will be the apps these iPads will be stuck with!

Basically, these old iPad models are just good for FaceTime and somewhat limited Web browsing via some other, more up to date third party Web browsers and NOT using that nearly 4-year old iOS Safari Web browser.

So, this is REALLY NOW the time to seriously consider a new or discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple or other Apple authorised resellers.

A lot has happened with iPad and iOS in 7-9 years and in the past 2 to 3-1/2 years since iOS 9 and 10.

As an example and compared to that nearly 8-years old iPad 4th generation model,

The cheapest, baseline 2019, 10.2 inch screen 7th gen Apple iPads have a 1/2 inch larger retina screen, it is overall lighter, in weight, newer, more powerful and approx. 2-1/2 times faster 2.3 Ghz, A10 Fusion processor ( CPU ), AT LEAST 3-4 times the internal RAM, with the 2019, 7th gen iPad having 3 GBs of internal RAM, iPadOS 13 support, with much better and improved multitasking features and much fuller support for externally connected data drives, Apple Pencil and Apple Smart keyboard cover support and have better audio speakers and better/improved built-in cameras.

This is the harsh reality for these 8 and 9-year old, OR OLDER, iOS devices, now!

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Jun 7, 2020 12:16 AM in response to Andrei_Mogilev

This is no longer possible.

Your 9-year old iPad is too old.

You will need to access YouTube using a Web browser.

Also, I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Here are a few third party web browsers that I know are STILL being updated and supported on iOS 9.

Available and more popular third party Web browser choices are dwindling faster, now.

There are still a handful of iOS 9 and earlier supported third party Web browsers.

Most of these have had recent updates, too!

Here’s what’s left.

iCab Mobile Web browser

Aloha Web browser

ALook Web browwer

Dolphin Web browser

DuckDuckGo Private Web browser

Snow Bunny Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Private Browsing Web browser by Savvy Soda

Private Browser Deluxe

TOR browser anonymous

Turbo VPN browser

TOR + VPN web browser private

Pick one or two third party Web browsers that have had the most recent of app updates.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

I can’t install YouTube on my iPad 2, iOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.