Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iphone always have the temperature warning saying that iphone needs to cool down before you can use it everytime i use wifi? even if my phone wasn’t near any heat.

how can i fix the temperature warning? i didn’t even let my phone near any heat or make it work hard that might cause it to get hot. everytime i use wifi, it’s starting to get hot then the temperature saying iphone needs to cool down before you can use it. i don’t get why this is happening because it didn’t happen to me before.

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 4:47 AM

It is not clear here in your post about the ambient temperature in your area where you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 4:47 AM in response to dianx

It is not clear here in your post about the ambient temperature in your area where you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

Jun 11, 2020 12:58 AM in response to SravanKrA

nope. i mean, whenever i open my wifi,y phone starts to heat up. even though the room temperature was just fine. not that cold and not that hot. and i am just using my messenger so there’s nothing to cause my phone to heat up and displays the temperature warning.

it is only whenever i open my wifi. but when i am using data, it is fine. just the wifi only. what do you think the problem is?

thanks for helping :)

why does my iphone always have the temperature warning saying that iphone needs to cool down before you can use it everytime i use wifi? even if my phone wasn’t near any heat.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.