Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Update 2020-003 High Sierra June 1 2020 on iMac with High Sierra can not be installed

I can not install this update on an iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011). Tried two times. it downloads but can not install.

Security Update 2020-003 High Sierra

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:45 AM

I had serous issues with SecUpdates from the App Store update page over a year ago and since, when I get a notice a SecUpdate is available, I now go to the Apple Downloads site:

Apple - Support - Downloads

Not a hint of trouble since on out three most-used Macs in the home office.

Note: After installing from the download page, the App Store updates pager(10.13 and earlier ) or System Prefs >Software updates, may continue to show the update available for a couple of days but it will go away with no action required on your part.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 8:45 AM in response to nlesh

I had serous issues with SecUpdates from the App Store update page over a year ago and since, when I get a notice a SecUpdate is available, I now go to the Apple Downloads site:

Apple - Support - Downloads

Not a hint of trouble since on out three most-used Macs in the home office.

Note: After installing from the download page, the App Store updates pager(10.13 and earlier ) or System Prefs >Software updates, may continue to show the update available for a couple of days but it will go away with no action required on your part.

Security Update 2020-003 High Sierra June 1 2020 on iMac with High Sierra can not be installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.