Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2002)

Really old iPad, current iTunes on a MacBook Pro. The iPad sat for a long time, depleted battery; on the charger it just cycles with the Apple logo coming on and off every 20 seconds or so. I can get it into restore mode by holding the usual 2 buttons, but it won't restore -- fails with the above error. Tried 2 different cables. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thank you!

iPad

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 4:04 AM

See if this support article can help:--> iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

(tapping on error 2002 on the left column).

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 7, 2020 4:25 AM in response to TBragg95

Given your description of behaviour whilst connected to your Power Adapter (charger), I suspect that error 2002 is perhaps the least of your problems.

If the iPad continuously reboots whilst charging, in light of your confession that the iPad has been allowed to stand for considerable time with a depleted battery, your iPad battery may have failed.

Jun 7, 2020 4:40 AM in response to LotusPilot

I have had the same suspicion, thanks.... I've seen other batteries in other, but similar, situations refuse to take a charge. I've tried it with 2 different cables on 2 different versions of iTunes (2 different computers), same results. It would be nice if the error codes were more meaningful, but so be it. Thank you again.

The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2002)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.