Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is disabled

Hello,

my iPad is disabled and Says connect to iTunes. But it’s locked so I can’t connect to iTunes.

I tried shutting it down and then press the switch button with home button but the “connect to iTunes” logo won’t appear ..

how can I fix this

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 8:39 AM

Follow these instructions. How to connect your iPad to your computer is a specific gesture:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

or, take a look at this support video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Jun 7, 2020 9:37 AM in response to nouf281

Your iPad2 is so old that it’s unlikely to be worth fixing. When (if) you recover your iPad, it will be wiped of all data and installed Apps.

As you may be aware, Apple ended update support for iPad2 in September 2016; iPad2 cannot be updated to iOS 10 or later versions, as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for new versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12 - and some, for technical reasons, have dropped all support for versions prior to iOS/iPadOS 13. App Developers often withdraw older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store - and following withdrawal, such Apps cannot be (re)downloaded or (re)installed. Loss of App Support for older models of iPad is making their utility and usefulness significantly more limited. 32-bit devices, such as iPad2, are effectively obsolete - with very few Apps remaining in the App Store.

If Apps that you need to use now have higher minimum iOS-version requirements than your iPad and installed version of iOS can support, your only option is to replace your iPad with newer model. Of current iPad models, even the basic iPad7 supports current iPadOS 13.x - and has hardware specifications that will vastly outperform your old iPad2.

I hope this is helpful to you

iPad is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.