Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod not connecting to wifi

Hi,

I have recently bought 2nd handed a iPod Touch Generation 2. It won't connect to wifi. I have tried resetting the network settings, and when I got the iPod, I did a "Erase a Content and Settings" to make sure. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? Below are some screenshots I took. It takes about 2 seconds to display the "unable" message. If it helps, this device is iOS 4.2.1

iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:28 AM

I wonder if, and this is a total shot in the dark, as old as that ipod is, if your internet is better than that ipod can handle. I know with my internet I have the 2.5 and the 5 connections. I think it’s 2.5GHz and 5 GHz and there are some devices out there that can’t handle the 5GHz.

Basically your wifi may be on a frequency that the ipod isnt’ geared to handle. You could google the wifi type of a 2nd gen ipod then see what your router puts out and see if there’s an incompatibility.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 9:28 AM in response to jakob_suehring

I wonder if, and this is a total shot in the dark, as old as that ipod is, if your internet is better than that ipod can handle. I know with my internet I have the 2.5 and the 5 connections. I think it’s 2.5GHz and 5 GHz and there are some devices out there that can’t handle the 5GHz.

Basically your wifi may be on a frequency that the ipod isnt’ geared to handle. You could google the wifi type of a 2nd gen ipod then see what your router puts out and see if there’s an incompatibility.

iPod not connecting to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.