Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LastPass password manager

Why is the LastPass Password Manager program not available for downloads in the iTunes or Apple store for use in Safari on the MacBook? Several other password manager programs are available to download as an app but not LastPass. Instead, I have to download the extension from their website, open it in applications and enable it in Safari Preferences. However, it can not be activated, not recognized, nor can it be found under Safari Preferences. Last Pass works as advertised on my PC browser by auto populating usernames and passwords. In order to use it on my MacBook, I have to copy and paste separately from the LastPass Vault each time. Again, how can I get LastPass to auto populate and be recognized as an extension in Safari on my MacBook? Thank you.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 1:45 PM

Most 3rd party extensions have been disabled. You need to get your extensions using the App Store. Safari menu/Safari Extensions. I checked and there is a Last Pass extension there.

Contact Last Pass to see if they intend to release an updated version compatible with Safari.

3 replies

Jun 7, 2020 1:56 PM in response to Eric Root

Yes, thank you for your response. I have downloaded it from the App Store on my MacBook and have copied/pasted user names and passwords from this app. into Safari sites. But LastPass extension option will not show up under Safari menu/Safari Extensions/ So it can not auto populate into Safari browser sites. What step am I missing? Thank you.

LastPass password manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.