Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2x zoom briefly works with 3rd party lens attachment but quickly the screen goes black

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro with a 3rd party lens attachment. The lens has no problems and works well, but when I change the zoom to 2x, it briefly works and looks great, but then quickly the screen goes black. Too quickly for me to take a pic usually. Why is this happening? It seems like the iPhones lenses are shifting or changing on their own, is there a way I can stop that from happening?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 1:58 PM

Because Like I said the lens Works briefly in 2x, but the hardware or software in the iPhone shifts and changes what camera lens it is using internally. Then the camera view goes black. That’s an internal issue.

4 replies

2x zoom briefly works with 3rd party lens attachment but quickly the screen goes black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.