Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green Screen

Using a (late 2013) 15" Retina macbook pro.. I am observing these green boundaries that I witness while starting and it stays like this for about 10 to 20 minutes even after logging in..

I want to know everything about the issue...

The cause, the damage (how greatly does this have to do with the durability and performance of my macbook) and the solution.

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 6:28 PM

Hello, ashwinchetal.

I understand that you would like some insight into what the green "barriers" on your MacBook Pro display might be. I’m glad to look into this with you.

My immediate instinct is that this is a hardware issue, but let's see if we can eliminate software before getting your in for service.

The first thing I would do is reset the NVRAM of your device. NVRAM holds various audio and video settings.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

I would next see if the green distortion is visible in safe mode. For starting the Mac in safe mode, we would want to start it powered down first. Safe mode disables 3rd party drivers, and if we do not see the issue here, it will tell us that the issue is caused by software or a driver installed on the Mac.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

You can also boot into macOS Recovery. If you see the issue here and in safe mode, I would contact Apple Support to look into your service options.

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 6:28 PM in response to ashwinchetal

Hello, ashwinchetal.

I understand that you would like some insight into what the green "barriers" on your MacBook Pro display might be. I’m glad to look into this with you.

My immediate instinct is that this is a hardware issue, but let's see if we can eliminate software before getting your in for service.

The first thing I would do is reset the NVRAM of your device. NVRAM holds various audio and video settings.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

I would next see if the green distortion is visible in safe mode. For starting the Mac in safe mode, we would want to start it powered down first. Safe mode disables 3rd party drivers, and if we do not see the issue here, it will tell us that the issue is caused by software or a driver installed on the Mac.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

You can also boot into macOS Recovery. If you see the issue here and in safe mode, I would contact Apple Support to look into your service options.

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

Green Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.