Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

third party intervention when logging on to a familiar website

The website warns me that the third party may not be secure and I should cancel. this now happens with four websites. Anyone else with this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 12:20 PM

No. You don't have a virus. There is an issue with the security certificate for the sites in question. They should not be considered secure until the problem is rectified.

This is a problem on their end, not yours.

7 replies

Jun 8, 2020 12:14 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks! When logging on to a website that I've been logging on to for years with no problem, I now get a warning from the website stating: "This connection is not private. This website (the third party intervention) may be impersonating (the website I'm trying to visit) to steal your financial information. You should go back to the previous page." This has been happening for a week, now, with four different websites, all saying the same thing. Do I have a virus?

Jun 11, 2020 12:14 PM in response to KiltedTim

Me again: Just wanted to tell you that the problem with the "third party" intervention was my browser . Contacted one of the troublesome websites and they suggested my Safari browser was no longer supported and that I should switch to Chrome. It worked on all the websites. I have an old 2006 Macbook Pro and it won't take anymore updates. Probably going to have to make a decision soon about a new one!!! Thanks again for all your help. Have a great day.

third party intervention when logging on to a familiar website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.