Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had Macbook Pro repaired - New battery and now Touch ID does not work

My Macbook Pro had a battery issue a few months ago. The battery was replaced, in this process the front panel was also replaced. This means that the Touch ID (Fingerprint Reader) was also replaced. The Touch ID has not worked since that time. Unfortunately Covid-19 happened and I was not able to continue with support to get that fixed. Now a couple of months later the Touch ID still doesn't work and I have been experience random lock-ups and shutdowns, this started last week. How can I get my Macbook Pro fixed?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:27 AM

Your repair comes with its own modest warranty.

Contact the agency that performed the repair, and ask them to "make it right".

If that agency was ANY Apple-owned facility, use the "Contact Support" link (at the top of every forum page) and they can arrange shipment to a regional repair depot for evaluation and repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 7:27 AM in response to L_A_LEE

Your repair comes with its own modest warranty.

Contact the agency that performed the repair, and ask them to "make it right".

If that agency was ANY Apple-owned facility, use the "Contact Support" link (at the top of every forum page) and they can arrange shipment to a regional repair depot for evaluation and repair.

Had Macbook Pro repaired - New battery and now Touch ID does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.