Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s - I accidentally hold the two buttons (home and power) for a while then that’s what is showing me now

I was about to take a screenshot then I accidentally hold the two buttons (home and power) for a while then that’s what is showing me now and I have no idea,,that’s my girlfriend’s phone 📱🥺can you help?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:50 AM

It looks like your screen froze while rebooting after your accidental forced restart. Normally, shortly after after the Apple logo appears, the home screen of your iPhone will open. From your photo that’s when the screen/phone froze up.

Follow the steps in the link to the Apple support article on what to do if your iPhone freezes during forced reboot: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

If none of the steps work, directly contact Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 10:50 AM in response to darlington273

It looks like your screen froze while rebooting after your accidental forced restart. Normally, shortly after after the Apple logo appears, the home screen of your iPhone will open. From your photo that’s when the screen/phone froze up.

Follow the steps in the link to the Apple support article on what to do if your iPhone freezes during forced reboot: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

If none of the steps work, directly contact Apple Support

Jun 8, 2020 10:14 AM in response to darlington273

Holding the two buttons for a while performed a force restart of the iPhone. Briefly pressing and releasing them was the way to perform a screenshot.

What’s that dark line from the upper right corner to the left side? Is that a crack in the screen? If so, it should be brought to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center quickly for attention.

iPhone 6s - I accidentally hold the two buttons (home and power) for a while then that’s what is showing me now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.