Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad not receiving messages that are received on my phone from other iPhone users

Hi all. I just noticed that since early May, my iPad no longer receives imessages when others are sending them from their iPhone. If someone just has an iPad and sends a message via my Apple ID, then it is received on both my iPad and iPhone immediately, but my iPad is no longer receiving the iMessages that people who have iPhones are sending me. It comes up on my iPhone as they are sending it from their phone to my phone number, but not my iPad. I have checked the settings and they have not changed, the "send and receive" still shows both my phone number and Apple ID. Is it anything to do with the fact that it is an ipad4?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:48 AM

Your Text Message Forwarding settings may need to be checked:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208386

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the device list.

3 replies

Ipad not receiving messages that are received on my phone from other iPhone users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.