Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air making loud noise

My MacBook Air is new and has started making a very loud noise--it almost sounds like a frog. It's nonstop and repeats approx. every 6-7 seconds while the laptop is on, so I guess it's the fan. The laptop is not hot to the touch or overheating. I've tried rebooting, updating, and everything else I can think of to fix it. Has anyone experienced this before? What is the issue, and how do I fix it?

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 5:52 PM

Try Apple Diagnostics, which will exercise the fan so that you can correlate the noise to it: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support.

Since it's new, you have 90 days of complimentary phone or chat support. If Apple did not already send you an email introducing that service, Contact Support and click through the options that lead to speaking with them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 5:52 PM in response to MacBookAirQuestion

Try Apple Diagnostics, which will exercise the fan so that you can correlate the noise to it: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support.

Since it's new, you have 90 days of complimentary phone or chat support. If Apple did not already send you an email introducing that service, Contact Support and click through the options that lead to speaking with them.

Macbook Air making loud noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.