Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my iphone from Icloud that i backed up my ipad from

I erased a message from my iphone accidentally.. But it was still on my ipad, so I backed up my ipad and now was to restore the back-up from icloud to my iphone... Is that possible?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 11:23 AM

Yes it’s possible as long as your phone is running the same or higher iOS version that your iPad is running. You have to erase the phone in Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and Settings. Then you have to start all over at the Hello screen and when you get to the point where you can restore an iCloud backup, choose the iPad backup.

Remember that you will be restoring ALL of the iPad data onto the phone for the sake of one message.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 11:23 AM in response to Gigi0508

Yes it’s possible as long as your phone is running the same or higher iOS version that your iPad is running. You have to erase the phone in Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and Settings. Then you have to start all over at the Hello screen and when you get to the point where you can restore an iCloud backup, choose the iPad backup.

Remember that you will be restoring ALL of the iPad data onto the phone for the sake of one message.

How do I back up my iphone from Icloud that i backed up my ipad from

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.