Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro - Buzzing Noise

So I have been using my Airpods Pro since last December, and just about a week ago the right Airpod started making this buzzing noise in the background. Any time I clear my throat or talk, it makes a weird buzzing noise. I am assuming it has something to do with the in-ear noise balancing system. Not 100% sure. But it is quite bothersome, especially when I am on a call.

I would love to replace it, but I bought them from Walmart, and they said if I didn't purchase a warranty, and I'm outside the 90 days, then they can't do anything about it. I also looked into AppleCare, and it sounds like they would be able to replace one of the Airpods for $89.00. So far, it is sounding like that is my best bet. However, I am a poor, newly married man, and don't have an extra $90.00 to get this one Airpod replaced/fixed.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 1:24 PM

You have the apple warranty for 1 year.

This sounds like something that should be covered by that warranty.

You can isolate it down to the noise cancellation by turning it completely off and see if issue persists:

AirPods Pro Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

And then contact apple:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 1:24 PM in response to applepatch

You have the apple warranty for 1 year.

This sounds like something that should be covered by that warranty.

You can isolate it down to the noise cancellation by turning it completely off and see if issue persists:

AirPods Pro Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

And then contact apple:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

Jul 9, 2020 2:21 PM in response to applepatch

I have now had three AirPod Pros replaced. All for the same issue you describe. A buzzing static usually while speaking with noise canceling or transparency mode. Is not issue in regular mode. Just call in to Apple Support and give serial number. Under 1 year warranty

they replace quickly by FEDEX. Just send back the bad unit.

i hope they resolve this issue in version 2. These headsets are transformational!!!

Airpods Pro - Buzzing Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.