Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect multiple bluetooth devices to mac?

I want to connect Bluetooth speakers plus earphones. Is there a third party plugins that allow me to do so? I know I can use MIDI, but its not 100%.

Issues with this MIDI:

1. It does not work with True wireless earbuds
  2. If I lose connection or power with earbuds, I can not connect them back, without un-pairing the speakers first, pair them back and then earphones.
  3. Cracking noises on and off

Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 12:47 PM

Hello Girshon Rutstein,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about using more than one Bluetooth device with your iMac, and I'd like to help.

You can use more than one Bluetooth device with your iMac. You'll connect a second device as you connected the first, following the device's manufacturer instructions.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac has some great info.

Take care!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Girshon Rutstein

Hello Girshon Rutstein,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about using more than one Bluetooth device with your iMac, and I'd like to help.

You can use more than one Bluetooth device with your iMac. You'll connect a second device as you connected the first, following the device's manufacturer instructions.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac has some great info.

Take care!

Jun 10, 2020 3:37 PM in response to Girshon Rutstein

Hi Girshon Rutstein,

Thanks for the clarification, that really helped.

I was able to find an article which goes into how to set this up. Combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an Aggregate Device

To summarize; connect each device separately, so the Mac remembers that they exist. Then use the process in the above article to create a single device from all of them, and use that as the output in the System Preferences > Sounds settings page.

I wish you the very best!

Jun 10, 2020 3:44 PM in response to ryane77

@ryane77 thanks for you help, now we are talking. I know about this Aggregate Device, and using it I have some problems. If you look my original post, it does talk about the MIDI, the aggregate option. I am repeating the issues that I am having:

1. It does not work with True wireless earbuds
  2. If I lose connection or power with earbuds, I can not connect them back, without un-pairing the speakers first, pair them back and then earphones.
  3. Crackling noises on and off
  4. Not all Bluetooth earphones are working.

Therefore I questioned if there is a 3rd party app or plugin that has a better solution.

How to connect multiple bluetooth devices to mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.