Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I deleted a very large amount of emails weeks ago and now when I go into mail I cannot get emails as just the spinning thing any ideas ?

I deleted a very large number of emails some weeks ago and now just the spinning thing when I go into emails and cannot receive new emails any ideas

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 9:01 PM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

In Mail's Window Menu, choose Connection Doctor, any red dots for status, if so what is the message?

Then click the Show Details button & Check again.

As a test in a Browser, login to your WebMail.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 9:01 PM in response to Annie5305

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

In Mail's Window Menu, choose Connection Doctor, any red dots for status, if so what is the message?

Then click the Show Details button & Check again.

As a test in a Browser, login to your WebMail.

Hi I deleted a very large amount of emails weeks ago and now when I go into mail I cannot get emails as just the spinning thing any ideas ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.