Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Screensaver

Is there a way to make it so that my Apple TV Screensaver does not always shuffle photos?

My goal is that I have an Apple TV where I can show presentations using AirPlay with a Powerpoint on my iPad, and that when the TV is not in use, it continuously shows a screensaver of photos relating to the place I work at. The problem is, the photos MUST be in order or the presentation on the screensaver does not make sense. However, Apple TV does not seem to want to let me un-shuffle the screensaver photos. Does anyone have any ideas or ways to stop shuffling?

I know I can go to the Photos App and start a presentation there as well, but I was hoping to avoid that step. Thanks to anyone for your help!

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:25 AM

When photos are used for a screensaver a select batch are cached, and they will be then accessed at any time that the device is idle. They will be flushed as soon as another screensaver is selected. A user cannot specify which photos are cached nor what order they appear in. To have that kind of control it requires running a slideshow instead.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 10:25 AM in response to jnf111

When photos are used for a screensaver a select batch are cached, and they will be then accessed at any time that the device is idle. They will be flushed as soon as another screensaver is selected. A user cannot specify which photos are cached nor what order they appear in. To have that kind of control it requires running a slideshow instead.

Apple TV Screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.