Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Initial macbook pro setup was aborted. Now I cannot login with the Administrator pwd. How can I reset it?

During the initial setup of a new macbook pro, the setup assistant aborted. The system shutdown when I touched my finger to the touchid key. Since then I am unable to login using the Administrator user name. I had restarted once before and was able to log in using Administrator. But after this unexpected abort, I cannot. And I have tried but lower case and uppercase passwords.

I found an article discussing how to force the set up assistant to run again by removing a file after using cmd keys to get access to the file system. When I use the cmd keys though it continues to the login window.

Perhaps I am not using the right cmd keys. The article indicated CMD-S I have tried holding down the cmd key along with the s key, the cmd key with Shift and the S key (since it showed a capital S), and also cmd along with -, shift, and s.

It does show the terminal windows but it does not stop to let me run linux commands but instead continues on to show the login again.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:37 PM

Hi,

Following document tip could help your question.

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-reset-admin-password-on-mac

Similar questions

2 replies

Initial macbook pro setup was aborted. Now I cannot login with the Administrator pwd. How can I reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.