Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPod touch 3g is asking for a recovery key?????

where can I find a recovery key for my iPod touch 3rd gen.? it asked for it when I changed my Apple ID

iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:37 AM

See Two-step verification for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152. You'll find a precise solution for your problem.

2 replies

Jun 9, 2020 11:40 PM in response to jda4614

jda4614 wrote:

where can I find a recovery key for my iPod touch 3rd gen.? it asked for it when I changed my Apple ID

This suggests you were using Apple's older 2 Step Verification which relied on a recovery key.

It is useless by itself. You would have used any two of your password, a trusted device and a recovery key to change your password. If you have lost control of any one of those things, you can use the other two to recreate it. If you lose control of 2 of them, you are locked out of your account forever.

So do you have your password and trusted device? If so, you can recreate a recovery key.

my iPod touch 3g is asking for a recovery key?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.