Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have a fast draining battery problem on iPad Pro 2020

My new iPad Pro 2020 battery was draining so fast (iOS 13.5.1). In my case battery

was down 2% within 6 mins without any app opens.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:40 PM

16 replies

Jul 8, 2020 7:48 PM in response to nuttapong84

im having the same exact issue with my 2020 iPad Pro 11”. Mines is just a few days old with less apps installed from factory. I removed apps I don’t need. I optimized iOS for better battery and my iPad was reformatted with manual clean install. Updated the iPad to 13.5.1 and with no use iPad off I had 100% from charge and in 4 hours I got down to 78%.

Something is wrong here

do I bring it back to Best Buy?

Jun 26, 2020 2:01 PM in response to nuttapong84

You may just have a an app or some apps running in the background. Go to Settings > Battery and look at what's using power.

If this started after an iOS update, it would be recommended to Force Restart your iPad.

Press and quickly release volume up button

Then press and quickly release volume down button

Then press and KEEP HOLDING the POWER button (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go

Force Restarting after an iPadOS update is generally recommended after every update. And it may completely solve this issue for you, without you having to wait on hold to speak with Apple.

Jul 10, 2020 7:24 PM in response to PeeDoo

Update! Again, this is anew iPad Pro 2020 11” with 1week of ownership. I removed all unnecessary apps from new outta the box and I noticed after the update to 13.5.1 my battery drain 1% every 5min with no usage. Within 1hr I lost 10% with The iPad on airplane mode and no usage. This is crazy....

Im going to attempt reformatting and do a fresh new reset and manually do a clean install.

ill be posting an update soon with hopes that this resolved the problem.

Jul 13, 2020 6:34 PM in response to nuttapong84

After doing a fresh reformat/ factory reset and then doing a Manual install of my most important apps, then optimizing all settings....., with minimal use (no gaming, or heavy production with music app Or photography and video editing, just light YouTube use, checking my emails, website browsing, etc....)

I still get quick battery depletion. Not as quickly as before but still quite fast when compared to my iPad Mini 5, iPad Air 2 and comparing it to my heavily used iPhone X.

again, my new iPad Pro 11 is brand new with 2 weeks worth of use and this battery drain is a serious concern... I’m not sure if I should return it or wait for another update....

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Jul 31, 2020 9:16 AM in response to nuttapong84

UPDATE as of 7-31-2020

So I returned my Silver 2020 iPad Pro 11" on the 14th (Last Day of return). I then ordered a Space Grey 2020 iPad Pro 11" and upon first initial boot up ... I did not install any updates (the tablet came with 13.4.1 installed from factory).

After several days of use I can clearly see that the battery consumption and drainage was very low WAYYYYYY better then before compared to the previous tablet.

Basically the new tablet lasted 2-days easily before reaching 20% where before it lasted a few hours with the previous tablet on running 13.5.

After putting on the apple pencil and the new magic keyboard, I noticed much more battery consumption. The tablet last about 1-1/2 days with the new accessories added on. I then decided to update to 13.6. to see if it would help.

Nope, The tablet now seems to last about a day with moderate use. What kinda of use you might ask....

-Music production (Cubasis, Logic remote, Korg Gadget 2, MPC Pro 2)

-Photo editing: (Snapseed, Pixaloop, Mextures, Darkroom, Lumafusion and more)

-Web browsing and Youtube, News + and magazine reading...

The tablet seems to drain easily with the accessories attached vs no accessories. When I'm not using the tablet then I put it on Airplane mode to have it consume less battery.

Anyone still getting heavy battery consumption?

My wife's iPad mini 5 with usage of Youtube and browsing the web seems to last easily for 2-3days. Where as my iPad Pro seems to get used less and have less battery life. On top of that, her tablet is always set to Max brightness and my tablet set to 50%.

All my other iPads I've owned seems to last 2-3days with moderate usage where as my new 2020 iPad with the latest update last much less about 1-1/2days...

Does anyone have a fast draining battery problem on iPad Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.