Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not connect to My Apple ID to my 3rd Generation Apple tv

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:48 AM

If you have an older model Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may need to sign in using an adjusted procedure. Type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. To avoid exceeding the time limit, do it likt this: Enter the characters for your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password, and then submit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 3:48 AM in response to rolfe660

If you have an older model Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may need to sign in using an adjusted procedure. Type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. To avoid exceeding the time limit, do it likt this: Enter the characters for your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password, and then submit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.